October 17, 2007

Warm Potato and Sausage Salad

From Southern Living's Easy Weeknight Favorites.

I've been dying to make this for a long time and finally bit the bullet. Adam and I loved it, we raved about it all night, and I had some of the leftovers for breakfast this morning. This is so going to be our new way of eating sausage and potatoes.


3 pounds of potatoes - I used red and sweet mixed
1 pound of keilbasa - we used Turkey
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 T dijon Mustard
1/2 cup kosher dill pickle relish (we didn't have any so I just diced up some kosher pickles)
4 green onions sliced
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
salt and pepper to taste (I only salted the water for boiling and I used about 1 T of cracked black pepper in the dressing)

Peel sweet potatoes and dice all potatoes and boil in salted water until just tender. Drain and place in bowl.

Slice sausage and heat in skillet until brown and warm.

In a large mixing cup mix the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, pickle relish, onion, garlic, and herbs.

Place sausage in bowl with potatoes.

Toss dressing over potato/sausage mixture.

Serve Warm.

No comments: