November 29, 2007

Parmesan Chicken & Rice

For my first post on the Realistic Eats Blog, I wanted to add a recipe that I thought was wonderful and easy. It didn't take any time at all to make it (in fact I have a cold and felt sick, but still wanted to feed myself and my sweetie.) and it was really delicious with simple ingredients.

Parmesan Chicken and Rice

This was one of the best recipes that I've ever made. It was so delicious and had a great flavor from the mushrooms. The cheese also made it really good as well.

Ingredients
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 Cup chopped onion
1 tsp bottled mince garlic
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 8-ounce package preslided mushrooms
3/4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup uncooked instant rice
1 cup less-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken; saute 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Add wine, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
2. Stir in rice and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese and parsley.

Notes
Yields 4 servings, about 1 cup each. I added double rice and double cheese to make it super yummy!

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This sounds great! I'm always looking for new rice dishes that are outside the "asian" realm. Thanks! :)