December 17, 2007

Fabu Stuffed Shells!

I had a box of shells in the pantry for a while now that I wanted to use - and since we were busy all day yesterday making peanut brittle and putting christmas touches around the house, I decided this would be a great make ahead and pop in the oven meal.



In a large bowl I mixed all but 6 T of a large container of skim ricotta cheese.

To that I added, salt, pepper, 1 egg, garlic powder, pasta sprinkle from Penzy's, 3 T of parmesan and about a half cup of shredded Italian cheese, and about a half cup of frozen chopped spinach.



I stuffed the shells with the cheese mixture and placed in a sprayed baking pan. I then topped with half a bag of baby spinach leaves, one jar of Newman's Own Cabarnet Marinara sauce, then I topped with the remaining dollops of ricotta and more shredeed cheese. I also poured about a half cup to a cup of water ontop as well to help cook the noodles.



Cover, bake at 375 for one hour, uncover and let cook another 5-10 minute suntil bubly brown.

No comments: