January 2, 2008

Aunt Dorothy's Pate

Every holiday I ever remember includes homemade chicken liver Pate that my great aunt Dorothy used to make. My mom taught me how to make it and it has become my husband's favorite dish to put out for parties.

It's so easy to make and so good!

1 container chicken livers, drained and rinsed
1 onion quartered
2 T butter
2 cloves garlic sliced
1 hard boiled egg, peeled
salt and pepper to taste

Heat a skillet over medium high heat and place all ingredients into the skillet. Piece the chicken livers with a fork several times to speed the cooking and make for more tender livers.

Once the livers are done - no more juices coming out - remove from skillet and let cool slightly.

Place all ingredients (cooked) and the egg ina food processor and blend until smooth.

Refrigerate overnight to chill.

Serve with crackers, veggies or rye bread slices

No comments: