January 12, 2008

Chicken Milano

For Adam's birthday I got him the cook book 101 things to do with Ramen Noodles - Along with an Everybody Loves Ramen Tee Shirt from Cafe Press.
We tried the Chicken Milano recipe the other night- and you know what it was delicious.

I asked Adam what he thought of the meal...

"What do you think honey, how many stars?"

"Well it's made with Ramen, so it already starts at 4 stars. And nothing detrimental was added to the dish, so it stays at 4 stars."
I died of laughter....
Here's the recipe....

Chicken Milano

1 pound of chicken, diced

2 cloves of garlic minced

1 T olive oil

1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped

1 T basil

1/2 cup chicken broth

2 packages chiecken ramen noodles, with seasoning packet of one ( it calls for two, I used one to reduce the sodium)
In frying pan brown chicken and garlic in oil until done. (I started with leftover cooked chicken inh the house and only used a half pound cooked). Add tomatoes, basil, and chicken broth. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.

Cook noodles in water according to package directions nad drain. Add 1 seasoning packet. Serve chicken mixture over warm noodles. Season with salt and pepper if necessary - feeds 2-4.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Adam might be shocked to know that I never in my life have eaten a ramen noodle...but I was shocked to learn he didn't know the song "take a chance on me" by Abba. So I guess we are even :)