February 24, 2008

I'm a bean counter!

Tonight I made a fabulous stoop for dinner. Recipe taken from the package of lentils from TJs.

Super easy to make and ridiculously tasty!

Ingredients
Italian Sausage - either ground or removed from casings
1 3/4 cups black lentils, rinsed
1 box frozen corn
5 1/2 cups water
4 stalks celery diced
1 onion diced
salt and pepper to taste

In a large dutch oven brown the sausage. Once that is done add the vegetables and cook until just tender. Then add the lentils and water salt and epper. Return to a boil and then reduce to simmer and cover and cook for an hour and a half - stir throughout.

After an hour and a half, remove the lid and let simmer for 30 more minutes without the lid.

Serve

I did make some changes - Instead of corn I used about 3 carrots chopped up with the celery and onions and you know what I'm so glad I did it made a great contrast to the dark color of the soup with the black lentils and it also added some sweetness.

This was so filling and tasty!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That looks WONDERFUL!!!!

I love reading your blog so much! I have tagged you in a meme.