February 10, 2008

Mini Foods Circa. 1950s

Saturday night we had some of my work friends over for a Wii party. I wanted to do something fun and different and settled on a 1950s themed mini foods party. It was a hit. The 6 of us truly enjoyed the offerings and everything was SO easy to put together.

I didn't take any pictures, because it was a little embarassing to do it in front of them, but I'll share what I made.

Fry Basket with wasabi mayo and paprika, garlic ketchup.

Mini hamburgers

Mini chicken pot pies
For this, I bought the mini puff pastry cups in the freezer section and baked. Then I diced up some chicken and mixed with a can of cream of celery soup and about a cup of frozen mixed vegetables. I seasoned with pepper and garlic powder. Then I took the immersion blender to that mix to puree it a bit - since the cups are SO tiny there was no way even a whole pea would fit in there. I then heated the puree and placed in the mini cups that were baked. They were so tasty and easy and a hit!

Veggie Tray with Dill Dip

Homemade Chex Party Mix

Cherry Soads
Orange Sodas
Root Beer Sodas

No comments: