April 22, 2008

Hunka Hunka Nutty Love!

Last night I made one of my go to dishes.

My mom made us these growing up all the time. I remember the first time I told Adam about them years ago he cringed - but then he ate it and oh dear lord there's been no looking back since. This is one of his favorite ways to eat pork chops and a meal he gets giddy about when I make it.

I mean what could be better? A nice piece of lean pork chop slathered in crunchy peanut buttery goodness and coated in bread crumbs and baked til crispy and juicy. I mean come on! I bet the King himself would roll over in his grave for these!

My mom used to call these Peanut Butter Pork Chops when we were growning up - but now that I see that title up there, and my love of all things Elivs - I think I'll rename these The King's Chops.

Ooo I like that!

The King's Chops
Serves 2

2 pork chops - either center cut or bone in - either works
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter in a separate container
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs mixed with 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (if you dont' have panko you can just use 3/4 cup bread crumbs)

Spray a baking dish with non stick spray and preheat oven to 400

In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and set aside.

Pat dry the pork chops. Spread 1 T of PB on one side of one pork chop. Place that side down in the bread crumbs. Then coat the top side with 1 T PB and flip. Then fully cover all sides in the bread crumb mixture. Once coated on all sides, place in baking dish. Repeat with 2nd chop.

Bake chops in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes- depending on thickness. I always cut in to mine to make sure they are done first.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: