June 28, 2008

Breaded Deliciousness on my plate!

Last night for dinner, I wanted to make a recipe that apparently I had posted on my Nest Local Cooking Club a while back - but I don't ever remember making it.

Well in the past two weeks just about every girl on the board made them so I went, damn' I guess it's my turn now.

We were not disappointed... but apparently I already new that?? Who knows!

Parmesan Chicken Bites

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup(s) butter
1 Clove(s) minced garlic
1 Cup(s) dried bread crumbs
1/3 Cup(s) Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon(s) dried parsley
1 Teaspoon(s) Italian seasonings
2 Pound(s) cut into pieces chicken breast, boneless skinless
1/4 Cup(s) fresh lemon juice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450°F.

In a bowl, combine the minced garlic with the melted butter and lemon juice.

In another bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper.

Dip chicken pieces into garlic butter, then into crumb mixture to coat.

Place coated chicken pieces on to a 9x13 baking dish.

Try to leave a little room between each piece. Drizzle with remaining garlic butter and bake uncovered 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.

Note that the chicken will get much more browned on the bottom side than on the top.


I served this with spaghetti squash that I steamed in the microwave, then I sauteed it up with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and arugla. Delicious!

No comments: