July 14, 2008

Sweetness for Dinner

I found this recipe on my friend Pam's recipe site. The recipe came from our friend Robin off our RI Nest Board.

It sounded so up our alley I couldn't pass it up.

I omitted the veggies in the crock pot and just made the roast with some buttery noodles and asparagus.

Apple & Brown Sugar Corned Beef
Ingredients:
2 1/2 Pound(s) - 3 pound corned beef
3 medium quartered potato
1/2 Pound(s) baby carrot
1 medium cut into chunks onion
4 Cup(s) - 4 1/2 cups, enough to cover apple juice
1 Cup(s) brown sugar
1 Tablespoon(s) mustard
2 Teaspoon(s) minced garlic
1/2 Teaspoon(s) black pepper

Directions:
Place meat, potatoes, carrots, and onion in 6 quart slow cooker.

Combine next 5 ingredients and pour into slow cooker. Cover. Cook on high 6 - 6 1/2 hours or low 10-12 hours or until veggies and meat are tender. When serving, pour excess juice from the crockpot over the top of beef and vegetables.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I always try to make corned beef around St. Patty's day... but your post is encouraging me to try it throughout the year! Thanks for sharing :)