November 30, 2008

Gotta Love Bisquick!

I am a big fan of Bisquick. Pancakes, waffles, biscuits, dumplings, baked items, you name it I love it!

I got the inspiration for this meal from the bisquick site and modified it a bit. So I'll post it as I made it. It was really hearty, filling and good.

Beef with Spinach Dumplings

1 lb. ground beef
1o oz. frozen spinach
1 small box of mushrooms sliced
1 small onion sliced thin
1 jar pasta sauce plus added water - about a cup to a cup and a half, enough to boil dumplings in.
2 recipes for bisquick dumplings per the side of the box but add in some pepper and parmesan cheese- I use bisquick healthy heart.

In large deep skillet or pot brown beef, onion, mushrooms. Once things sgtart to brown add the spinach to get it defrosting. When everything is done add the sauce and bring to a simmer. Drop the dumplings by tsp or T full into the pasta sauce mixture and cook according to directions on the box - 10 minutes uncovered and 10 minutes covered.


Very yummy and a great winter dish.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - flavored dumplings is a great to add to stews & soups! looks great :)