November 24, 2008

Pierogi A La Ruben!

Anytime I make Pierogi I like to search on the Mrs. T's site first to see what I can get some inspiration from for cooking them.


They had this recipe that was essentially Ruben style pierogi.


So since we love anything Ruben in our house - hence our Ruben Pizza we make - I had to try this.


Ruben Pierogi.


1 box of pierogi - potato and onion boiled

1/2 pound of a good one inch slice of deli corned beef

1 can sauerkraut

thousand island dressing to top.


While pierogi are cooking, dice the corned beef and drain and rinse the sauerkraut and sautee in a skillet with some pam. Once the pierogi are cooked and drained top with half of the corned beef and sauerkraut mixture (this is for a serving for 2). Top the goodness with thousand island and enjoy - trust me you surely will!

1 comment:

Kate said...

That looks delightful. I'm sure Mircea would love that meal-I'm a little jealous of that too.

I love that you two love the Rueben, they make us happy as little clams too.