June 6, 2009

I love when flavors mesh so well!

I love Thai food - the flavors - ah delish.

And I love a good burger.


The result is a recipe I found on Cara's Cravings Blog. She has a wonderful blog with so many wonderful recipes! I've made many of her recipes and she's never misguided me before.


This was no different.


Wonderful, favorful, easy. With so many flavors in the turkey, it surely doesn't taste like a healthy burger but it is!


You must make these. I served these with an Asian inspired cole-slaw and some fried poofy noodles instead of buns.


Thai Peanut Turkey Burgers

I doubled everything to use the full pound of turkey.


8 oz ground turkey

1 medium carrot shredded

1 large scallion minced

1/4 tsp. sesame oil

1 tsp. chili garlic sauce

2 tbs natural peanut butter

salt and pepper

1/2 tsp ground ginger

*NOTES: I also added a touch of fresh cilantro to the hamburger mixture since it comes out in the may as well and it was a nice addition.


Combine the above ingredients in a mixing bowl. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Form burgers in to patties. Cook for 7-10 minutes per side until cooked through.


Mayo for the burgers

2 T light may

handful minced cilantro

1-2 tsp. chili sauce


Mix all ingreidents together and top on the burgers.



For the coleslaw

I went with a very similar mix to the may for the burgers.


1 bag cole slaw mix

Fresh cilantro
1/4 cup light mayo

2-3 T chili sauce

combine all ingredients and let sit in the fridge for an hour before serving.


This dinner was just a wnderful mix of flavors and was a huge hit. I will make this whole meal again!


No comments: