July 12, 2009

Great Vegetarian Gnocchi


We love Gnocchi... it's hearty, filling and a good comfort food.

I have NO clue how I stumbled upon this recipe or this site for that matter. I swore I was on Lydia's Kitchen site but obviously not as I read the website this recipe came from.

Anywho, either way it was delicious and a great dinner that didn't make you feel miserable about yourself when you were done eating it.

I served it with roasted broccoli - and wow that is a great new side dish addition to our house. Fresh broccoli, some Tastefully Simple Meyer Lemon Oil, roast and enjoy.

Gnocchi & Vegetables

2 tbsp canola or olive oil

¼ cup finely sliced carrots

¼ cup finely chopped celery

½ cup finely sliced onion - we diced it and all of the veggies.

1 tbsp minced garlic

1 14 oz can diced Italian spiced tomatoes

½ tbsp Italian seasoning - I just used some dried basil from the garden.

¼ tsp pepper

1 package prepared gnocchi

Fresh parmesan cheese


Heat oil in frying pan. Saute carrots, celery and onion until onions are clear. Add tomatoes, garlic & seasonings. Heat & stir.

Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
Add gnocchi to sauce, mix & serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

DELICIOUS!!!

No comments: