August 29, 2009

It's a Kabab!!!


I have been eyeing this recipe from my Southern Living Easy Weeknight Favorites for quite some time but wasn't quite sure about all of the ingredients - so I decided to switch it up a bit and go with the basic idea and the sauce.

Honey Ginger Chicken Kabobs.
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken cut in to cubes
salt and pepper
1 yellow pepper seeded and cut in to 1 inch pieces (omitted)
1 red pepper seeded and cut in to 1 inch pieces (omitted)
1 can or jar baby corn drained (omitted)
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/3 cup honey
1/2 tsp. minced ginger
1 clove garlic crushed.

*ok before I start with the directions you're probably thinking, everything says omitted, so what did you put on your kabobs?!? I swapped the peppers for zucchini slices and mushroom caps and omitted the baby corn all together because I just couldn't see how they would stay on the skewers.*

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Thread chicken and vegetables on to skewers

Combine remaining ingredients and stir well. Brush lightly on kabobs. Grill kabobs for approx. 12 minutes, turning and basing with sauce mixture.

I had so much extra zucchini and a few remaining mushroom caps, so I whipped up some udon noodles and tossed with some remaining sauce and the veggies to make a nice little side dish.

Wonderful dinner!

No comments: