January 17, 2010

Jell-NO


One of my goals for this year is to try and make more of my own foods, reducing the processed crap that we have in the house.

I have had a bag of tapioca pearls in the house for an age and finally found a good recipe that could be made in the crock pot for tapioca pudding.

The thing that always turned me off to making the pudding was e

very recipe had you standing over the stove - and I'm so not a stand over the stove type of gal for my dessert (unless it's dipped in melted chocolate!)

This recipe, from All Recipes was WONDERFUL.

The texture is great, it is easy, flavorful and so easy.

It does stick though, so keep an eye on it - you need to be home to make this pudding. I did it one night after dinner so we could have it later for dessert and it was done in 3 hours - easy peasy!

Slow Cooker Tapioca Pudding

4 cups milk (I used 1%)
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup small pearl tapioca
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Stir together the milk, sugar, tapioca and eggs in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on medium for 3 hours, or on low for 6 hours. Stir occasionally. Serve warm or chill to serve cold.

No comments: