January 2, 2010

Nothing says comfort like Cinnamon


Ok again, another late post - this is from Thanksgiving.

I made the most delicious cinnamon ice cream to have with our pumpkin pie. And it made so much that we're still enjoying it well in to the new year!

I also picked up some ginger cookies to have with it and it makes just the nicest most refreshing
snack too.

The recipe is from Allrecipes.com and is actually for a cinnamon black walnut ice cream - but I just made the cinnamon base. I also had to cut the recipe in half to make it fit in my home size ice cream maker.
The recipe as is can be found here.

Here is how I made it for my at home Cuisinart

2 cups heavy cream (I used light cream)
2 cups half and half
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. good cinnamon

Mix all of the ingredients together and place in your chilled ice cream maker to spin for approximately 25-30 minutes or until thickened. Place in a container and freeze until set.

No comments: