March 6, 2010

Greek is the Word...


Kind of like "Grease is the word", get it - whatever, my lame attempt at humor.

The other week, when trying to decide what to have on a Meatless Monday - the hubs suggested some hummus for dinner.

Um, ok babe, yes, because hummus for dinner is so filling and well rounded.

But we kept working through the idea and came up with a Greek sampler platter for dinner.

Roasted eggplant, pita, tabouli, hummus - it was so tasty good and such a wonderful dinner!

This is the first time I made homemade chickpea hummus.

I used the recipe from Tosca Reno's The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook - and boy it did not disappoint at all - and it wasn't all that bad for you either. In fact, my calorie killer for the meal was the pitas I kept scarfing down!

Since I checked the book out from the library - I want to make sure this is a recipe I hang on to - so I'm so glad to post it here for you to try as well.

Eat Clean Hummus
4 cloves of garlic
2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tsp salt (I only used 1/4 tsp)
1/3 cup tahini
juice of 2 fresh lemons
1 T olive oil

Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until well combined but still coarse. Adjust seasoning.

Next time we make this, we want to add some kalamata olives to the hummus! YUMMY!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love that Hummus recipe! I started making it over a year ago when I first got Tosca Reno's Eat-Clean Diet cookbook and now I make a batch about every 3 weeks or so. It's delicious and everyone loves it! Plus, it's clean and healthy of course!
That cookbook is fantastic, mine is very well used! I hope you remember a few more recipes before it goes back to the library, or else pick up your own copy! You must try the Molasses Bread Pudding, the zucchini hummus,the turkey meatballs, and the spinach lasagna...among others! Delicious!