March 28, 2010

Quick & Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza


The Hubs and I have been on a huge pizza kick lately. We used to buy the dough from our market, but they recently stopped carrying the dough we really enjoy - so we have now entered the phase of making our own dough - and it's so easy! How have we not been doing this the whole time?

The Hubs has had a craving for the Lloyds bbq chicken lately - so I figured I'd make us a bbq chicken pizza - since it had been an age since I made this type of pizza.

Now seriously people, there are tons of recipes out there for BBQ chicken pizza, but really, mine is so easy you may go - why should I try this? I'll tell you why - it's foolproof, quick, easy and filling.

And you're so lucky - I'm even going to share our foolproof dough recipe with you now too!

Quick Pizza Dough

In your mixer with the hook attachment mix, all at once (yes, all at once!):

3/4 teaspoon salt
1 packet quick rise yeast
2 cups flour
3/4 cup warm water

Blend all of the ingredients together, you may need to add a touch of water or flour depending how your dough is coming together.

When done, wrap in saran wrap (sprayed with plastic wrap), and set aside for 10-20 minutes until it doubles in size. You're then ready to roll it out and go make your pizza.


Stephany's Quick and Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza

Top your favorite pizza crust with the following

1 tub of Lloyds BBQ Chicken (spread over the crust) - you may use less than the tub if it's a smaller pizza.
1 onion diced thin
1 can crushed pineapple - drained well
Monterey Jack Cheese shredded - as much as you'd like to top your pizza.

Bake at 425 for about 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and enjoy!

Check this post out at my friend's blog where I'm the featured guest blogger tonight! Carrie's Sweet Life

1 comment:

Carrie said...

This looks delicious, I need to try BBQ pizza sometime.