Oh Pioneer Woman - how I love thee - your kitchen, your farm, your cooking - oh my!
- Our recipe for Pizza Dough
- 1 whole Vadalia, Halved And Thinly Sliced
- ¼ cups Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt To Taste- we didn't use any salt, there's already enough with the cheese and prosciutto
- Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 10 ounces, weight Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Thinly Sliced
- 8 slices Prosciutto (more To Taste) - we used 1/4 pound fresh sliced from the deli
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and brown sugar and toss/stir for several minutes, or until onions are brown and cooked. Set aside.
Roll out pizza dough to a rectangular shape. Drizzle on olive oil, sprinkle on a little salt, followed by a little Parmesan.
Lay slices of mozzarella evenly over the top of the crust. Arrange caramelized onions over the top of the mozzarella. Randomly lay slices of prosciutto over the onions.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the lower half of the oven, or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and cut into squares. Serve immediately.