July 18, 2010

Dinner a la Bubba Gump

Recently my west coast sister in law sent us a shipment of cook books. Every so often I get a box from her of things she's cleaning out. We kept a few and donated the rest to the library.

One of the ones I opted to keep was the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cook Book. I went through and marked a ton of recipes I wanted to try and this was the first one we went for.

Very good dinner - sweet, spicy, all around a great meal. I served with an Asian Cucumber and Carrot salad - cuke, carrot, rice wine vinegar, chili sauce, sugar.

Tangy Honeyed Shrimp

1 lb. shrimp
3 T oil
2 t garlic, minced
1 t ginger, fresh
1 can chicken broth
1 T cornstarch
2 T honey
2 T catsup
1 T vinegar
1 T rice wine or sherry
1 T soy sauce
1/8 t. crushed red pepper or Sirachi chili sauce
1 T sesame oil
1 tsp. cilantro
green onion diced

Rice

Peel shrimp. Heat oil in skillet (I used less than the 3 T). Add shrimp, garlic and ginger and cook until shrimp are pink.

Combine chicken broth and next 7 ingredients, stir til smooth. Add to shrimp mixture and stir constantly. Bring to boil and cook for 1 minute. Stir in sesame oil, cilantro, green onion and cook until heated through. Serve with rice.

No comments: