I randomly typed in pasta, bacon and eggs in Google a few weeks back to see what kind of recipe I'd come up with and this popped up and struck my fancy. Thank you Real Simple.
How have I not thought of doing this sooner? It was so easy, so tasty and seriously fantastic. I made it even easier by using leftover spaghetti noodles - so all it took as cooking up 4 slices of bacon and the eggs.
The spice of the pepper and saltiness from the bacon combined with the creaminess of the egg yolk made for the most delicious combinations of flavor and textures in the most simple way possible.
Do make this - you'll be shocked what a quick and fantastic dinner this is.
- 12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 of a box)
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (about 2 ounces)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble when cool.
- Wipe out the skillet and return it to medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the bacon, the reserved pasta water, ½ cup of the Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and top with the eggs. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan.