June 10, 2011

An Eggcelent Meal

First off, can I just say - WOW it's been a month since I've posted? So sorry blog world - been so swamped with work and other things it's been crazy. Additionally, I've made some changes to how I'm eating and am still trying to get the hang of things and haven't been making real recipes, doing my cookie challenge, baking, you name it. It's really just been a protein, lots of veggie and a bit of carb eating at our house.
I made this recipe back on May 16th and we still talk about making it again and again. Thanks again to Joelen for this awesome recipe.

I have to say I was petrified to make this meal because I didn't think I'd be able to get the egg to roll, thus ruining the whole meal. A
las, you can see, that didn't happen!

The flavors blended so well with this meal, the egg, the carrot, the seaweed, it's just decadent and satisfying and wonderful! I served this with some buckwheat noodles with Asian flavors and some pan sauteed baby bok choy from the farmer's market.

Gaeran Mari
Rolled Korean Omelette
via Joelen

3 eggs
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 small carrot, finely chopped
1 sheet Korean roasted seaweed (Gim)
1 tsp salt, dash of pepper


Mix eggs with whisk or fork and add onions and carrots until well combined.

In a lightly greased saute pan, pour egg mixture and heat slowly over low heat.

Heat slowly for a few minutes until almost cooked through, then place seaweed sheet on top of omelette.

Roll omelette into a tight roll by lifting side with spoon or baking spatula.

Let omelette rest for a few minutes to cool.

No comments: