December 1, 2013

This dish makes you feel like you're dining with Robin Leach

A La Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

However, it's super simple, and really not that expensive to make. But it's truly elegant! One of those that you should make when you're entertaining because it's so special and unique.

Oh, so yeah, I should mention, Ina Garten is my hero. I love her and secretly want to meet up with her and Jeffrey in Paris and have her take me around to the wonderful little shops to eat pastry and bread and cheese and drink wine with them! I'd actually settle for running in to her in CT one day and just watching what she buys in the market and trying to replicate it at home! I love her and just about everything she makes!

When I saw this recipe floating around online a few months back, I decided it would be the perfect excuse to buy some caviar and indulge in something rich and delectable for the night.

Oh Ina, you certainly don't disappoint!!

Make this, especially during this holiday season if you have people coming over - the addition of the caviar to just pasta with lemon makes this a WOW dish. And it's heavenly as well! We purposely saved some leftovers. About 4 hours later - there were no more leftovers. YUM!

Lemon Capellini with Caviar


1 pound dried capellini (angel hair)
olive oil for cooking the pasta
1/2 pound unsalted butter (I did reduce this amount and used just 1 stick and a touch of olive oil)
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
salt and pepper to taste
150 grams good black caviar (I found a nice one just at our local market which didn't break the bank)
Zest of lemon for garnish (I skipped this part)

Drizzle some olive oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add the capellini, and cook al dente. Drain quickly, leaving a little water with the capellini. Quickly toss the capellini with the melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. 
Place one serving of pasta on each plate and top with a large dollop of fresh caviar. Garnish with grated lemon zest. Serve immediately. 
YUM! I could eat a massive bowl of this creamy, salty, deliciousness right now!!

No comments: