January 28, 2008

Red Chile-Cheese Enchiladas

I made this for me for lunches this week - from Dec. 07 Cooking Light.

I made two changes: one was instead of making my own red chile sauce, I just used canned red enchilada sauce. The other was I added a small can of green chiles in with the cheese mixture.

I took a little taste last night - very good. Can't wait for my lunch box today!

Ingredients
3/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
2/3 cup (2 1/2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups Red Chile Sauce
Cooking spray
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese
PreparationPreheat oven to 400°.

Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process 1 minute or until smooth. Combine cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, onion, and salt, stirring well.

Spread 1/4 cup Red Chile Sauce in bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 tortillas over sauce, overlapping slightly. Spread 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture evenly over tortillas; top with 1/2 cup Red Chile Sauce. Repeat the layers once with 4 tortillas, remaining cottage cheese mixture, and 1/2 cup Red Chile Sauce. Arrange remaining 4 tortillas over sauce, overlapping slightly; spoon remaining 3/4 cup Red Chile Sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 squares.

Yield
8 servings (serving size: 1 square)

The calories on this are very low - only 162 for 1/8th - so I just cut in four instead of 8 pieces.

No comments: