January 30, 2008

Turkey for you... Turkey for me....

Sometimes I feel like with all of the options of turkey products out there on the market it's like the scene from Forest Gump where Bubba is listing off all of the different things you can do with shrimp....

Turkey Legs
Turkey Breasts
Whole Turkey
Fried Turkey
Turkey Sausage
Turkey Meatballs
Ground Turkey
Turkey Ham
Turkey Bacon

The list is endless.

Last night I made a Jenny-O turkey ham I had in the freezer.

Place turkey ham flat side down in a small pyrex pan, place about 1/3 cup OJ in the pan. Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar with 2T water in a mixing cup and pour over the ham. Cover and bake at 350 for about an hour. I also put some sweet potatoes in the oven with it and it was just a tasty easy meal! All done while I was on the treadmill.

What more can a girl ask for.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I saw turkey chorizo in the market today believe it or not! I also got an education from this entry because I didn't know there was turkey ham!

Sounds yummy, Steph :-)