February 4, 2008

Chicken-licious

Tonight's dinner was tasty, easy, and really satisfying.

From Southern Living Easy Weeknight Favorites


Chicken Fricassee

(I halved this recipe but I'm posting the full thing here)

1/4 cup butter divided - I only used about 2 T total
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour - I seasoned with salt and pepper
2 Cups fresh sliced mushrooms
3 carrots sliced
1 1 oz. packet of herb soup mix - I used Knorr
1 cup half and half - I used fat free
1/2 cup sherry, white wine or water
2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules - we omitted this

Melt 2 T of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour and brown in butter. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Melt 2 T of butter in skillet and add mushrooms and carrots. Cook stirring over medium heat about 4 minutes.

Combine soup mix and remaining 3 igredients; pour over mushroom mixture and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Place chicken breasts in skillet and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.

We served with coucous and roasted butternut squash. I served the sauce over the couscous.

No comments: