February 5, 2008

There's Pink all over my plate!


A few weeks ago, Adam's best friend was in town for the weekend before going on to NYC for business.

When Karl comes in town I always try to serve something with lobster for our favorite midwest/Coloradian boy.

I had two packages of fresh lobster ravioli from Venda in the freezer that we never ate at the holidays. I made those (delicious as always) and found a recipe for a pink sauce to make.
I then sauteed shrimp in garlic and sage and cut them up and served on top of the sauce and pasta.

The pink sauce was easy to make. 1 conatiner tomato paste, 1 cup water and 2 cups whipping cream. I used light cream. I seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper and some sage.

The meal was delicious - even with the berst garlic bread I've ever made following Ina's recommendation of melting the butter, garlic and herbs in a pan and dipping the bread in it and then baking it.

It was a hit all around.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Steph--this looks AMAZING!!!!