April 15, 2008

Fishy Goodness

Last night I tried a new recipe for tilapia.

We're still working our way through that box of tilapia we bought last summer - it has frozen so well!

On my What's Cooking board on the Nest the girls rave about this recipe. And I happend to find it on SparkPeople.com as well.

VERY tasty and easy. I think the only change we'd make is we'd bake the fish first on the broiling pan and then broil once the topping is on. It was a little dry for Adam and I - we prefer fish that is just done so it's moist and tender. The flipping of the fish also made it fall apart a little more than necessary.

But this is a make again, that's for sure!

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 T butter, softened
1 T and 1 1/2 tsp. mayo (I used reduced fat)
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp. dried basil
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. celery salt (I omitted this and just added salt - but it really did NOT need the added salt)
1 pound tilapia fillets (I just used two fillets and cut everything in half but the seasonings)

Preheat oven's broiler. Grease a broling pan or line with foil.

In a small bowl mix together all of the ingredients but the fish. Set aside.

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip over and broil a couple of more minutes. Remove from oven and cover with parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Return to oven and broil for 2 minutes or until the topping is browned and the fish flakes.

Makes 4 servings.

I served with asparagus and adam made a box of the Rice a Roni creamy parmesan rice. Nice side with it!

No comments: