June 25, 2008

"These are great ribs!"

As quoted by the hubby.

It's funny I found this recipe on myrecipes.com (it's the collection site from the con de naste publications) and I read it and went ooo we're making this. And I looked at it again the day I went to make it and went, this sounds really familar, so I got out a cookbook and there it was - I had it at home the whole time!

These were by far fabulous - I mean incredibly fabulous!

You must make these and follow the recipe! The only thing I didn't do was broil the ribs first - too hot to heat the house - so I grilled them outside on the grill and that helped give the ribs a nice grill flavor and the beans.

Sweet and Saucy Ribs (southern living)

Ingredients
2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
4 pounds country-style pork ribs, trimmed
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10.5-ounce) jar red jalapeƱo jelly
1 (18-ounce) bottle hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon green hot sauce

Preparation
Place beans in a 5-quart electric slow cooker; set aside.
Cut ribs apart; sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place ribs on a broiling pan.
Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 18 to 20 minutes or until browned, turning once. Add ribs to slow cooker, and sprinkle with onion.
Combine jelly, barbecue sauce, and hot sauce in a saucepan; cook over low heat until jelly melts. Pour over ribs; stir gently.
Cover and cook at HIGH 5 to 6 hours or at LOW 9 to 10 hours. Remove ribs. Drain bean mixture, reserving sauce. Skim fat from sauce. Arrange ribs over bean mixture; serve with sauce.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kraft Thick 'n Spicy Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce and Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce.

Yield
Makes 8 servings

No comments: