September 15, 2008

Tastes Good and Aids in Digestion...

A while ago, Hubs went to the GI for his stomach again.. He's been doing well with it, having a regimine of his perscription and a dose of Mineral Oil at night.

In order to get him off the mineral oil, the doc. gave him this recipe for homemade grains with all sorts of good for you digestive things to help keep things moving and going. I made the first batch a while back and it lasted for quite some time and was pretyt good but could use some more flavor.

So for this 2nd batch hubs wanted a little variety.

I found a recipe for a Peanut Butter Granola... although ours turned out less granola-y and more museli - just like our first batch and how the doc. prefers hubs eat it.

This recipe is wonderful - I mean delicious! You should totally try it and it makes a TON. Great with milk for breakfast, some dried fruit for a snack, in yogurt, on top of baked fruit or ice cream.

I put my alterations in brackets.

6 T oil (I used natural sesame oil, which the doctor asked adam to eat - not the Asian kind)
1 C peanut butter (creamy)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
7 cups quick oats (I got the ones from whole foods in the bulk section - it was very cheap that way!)
raisins (we left these out - add them as we eat it.)
(I also added 7 T of raw sesame seeds and about 8 T of sunflower seeds out of the shell - again these are per what the doc. requested in the origonal recipe)

Instructions
Over low heat melt together the oil and peanut butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar and pour over the oats and mix well.

Spread onto a large lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes and stir once or twice. cook until lightly toasted.

Let cool and set in a canister or tupperware container.

The PB flavor is not too sweet or powerful but just perfect.

I don't remember the blog I found this off of, but if it was you, please let me know.

No comments: