November 3, 2008

Warm, Satisfying, Filling and Delicious


My Weight Watchers instructor gave us this recipe a few weeks ago and I finally had all of the ingredients around to make it. I had it for lunch today and it was incredibly good and filling.


Super quick and easy to make and delicious.


It's 1 pt. per cup or core


Taco Soup


In a large dutch oven saute one onion in pam until just tender. I also added some garlic.


Once tender add the following items:

1 packet taco seasoning - I used a low sodium one, everything else has enough sodium that you don't need any more salt.

2 cups corn kernels - i used frozen

1 can black beans undrained

1 can great northern beans undrained

1 can fat free refried beans

1 can diced tomato

1 can tomato with chiles


Let all ingredients simmer for about 30 minutes and serve.


I also added two frozen cubes of cilantro.


Fabulously delicious!

No comments: