March 2, 2009

Vegetable Polenta Pie

So I had planned on making a pasta with beans and veggies, but just wasn't feeling the pasta thing for dinner. So I opted for a polenta dish.

When I started I thought I'd make the polenta and just serve that and top the veggies on the polenta. But it just sort of turned in to this casserole dish.

We'll Call This Vegetable Polenta Pie.

Polenta/Cornmeal
Water/broth

Make the polenta as directed - I seasoned with some pepper and Penzey's Mural of Flavor Seasoning.

Once polenta is set, place in a casserole dish. Top with fat free ricotta cheese.


In a large skillet, sautee onion, garlic, fresh spinach, a can of canellini beans, zucchini, and some grape tomatoes.
Season the veggies with salt, pepper, and some basil.


Top vegetable mixture on to polenta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until golden bubbly.


Really easy, tasty and filling! Made a great leftover as well!

No comments: