May 17, 2009

Tropical-licious

For easter dessert I decided to make something light and springy.

I had a container in the freezer of fresh pineapple that we cut up and froze and it had been in there for so long, I knew it was getting time to do something with it.

I came across this recipe for Pineapple Sorbet and knew it would be a great use of the pineapple.
I can not for the life of me find where I got this recipe from, but it was online. So if it's yours, let me know so I can link it.

This was so tasty, it will be awesome for summer time, barefoot, on the patio, with a giant margarita.


Pineapple Sorbet

Makes about 4 cups


1 whole pineapple

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup water

2 Tbsp vodka or rum - we used vodka but next time I want to use Malibu rum.

Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan, heat until the sugar dissolves. Peel and core the pineapple, then cut the fruit into rough chunks. Puree the fruit and sugar syrup in a blender of food processor, then pour into a bowl. Stir in the vodka or rum. Chill for at least 4 hours, then freeze in an ice cream maker.

p.s. 3 scoops was WAY too much, it's very sweet, one small pyrex dish or scoop will certainly satisfy that sweet tooth!!

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love pineapple and so does my husband - I'll have to give this a try!