July 12, 2009

Flavorful Vegetarian!


I've seen recipes all over the place for Pumpkin and Black Bean enchiladas, burritos, quesadillas, tacos, etc.
Now the flavor combo together sounded incredible to me - and I'm sorry it took me almost a year to get around to finally making these.

I didn't use a recipe - I just kind of winged it. But it was so tasty, so easy and so good! Wasn't a huge hit with the non-vegetarian loving hubs, but I adored these and would so make these again.

Stephany's Pumpkin and Black Bean Enchiladas

1 package small flour tortillas
1 can pumpkin
1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
1 package shredded mexican cheese
1 jar mexican seasoning (whatever you have around)
1 bottle green enchilada sauce mix
cilantro

Spread pumpkin on the tortilla and sprinkle with a T of black beans, a sprinkle of seasoning and a tsp or so of cheese and a little sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
Roll up the tortillas and place in a baking dish. Repeat to make enough for your casserole dish. top with enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese.

bake at 350 for 30 minutes until warmed inside.

I served this with some sliced tomatoes with cilantro and some fresh fried plantains that I made myself at home. I cut the plantain up, and fried the slices in oil and then drained on paper towel and sprinkled with salt - they really didn't absorb that much oil so don't freak out over frying them. they were such a good treat with the enchiladas!

No comments: