July 12, 2009

A little bit of summer heaven

I love cucumber salad - especially creamy ones.

I found this recipe on the Coconut & Lime blog and it looked similar to what I recalled growing up with.

I made it with some burgers on the grill and some leftover potato salad that we had in the fridge from the night before.

This meal was like summer delight on a plate - it was so good.

I will make this salad again, without a doubt.

I did omit the red onion and next time I may omit the lemon juice next time - not due to flavor, but because it made it a little runnier than I'd like once it sat for a bit.




Below is the recipe as I made it.

Creamy Cucumber Salad

1 large cucumber peeled and sliced thin


1 T dried dill from the garden


1 container plain greek yogurt


1 T red wine vinegar (I used white wine)


juice of 1/2 lemon

salt & pepper


Wisk together the dressing ingredients - froom yogurt down and then pour over the cucmber and dill - you can use fresh dill per the recipe and it calls for 3/4 oz fresh dill plus another 1/2 tsp. dried in the dressing.


SO GOOD! A hit all around the dinner table - you know that huge dinner table for 2!






No comments: