I finally used the last spaghetti squash that we wintered over in the basement - so sad!
It was a delicious meal though and a great way to use the sqaush for a nice light summer meal.
This recipe comes from Cooking Light and can be found on their website here.
We omitted peppers, of course and otherwise stuck to everything as is. Delicious, easy, light and a great summer meal or even great to make as a big batch and take for lunches!
Greek Style Spaghetti Squash Salad
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Combine squash and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add vinegar mixture; toss well. Cover and chill.