September 7, 2009

Perhaps the best egg salad evah!!!


The Hubs and I are big fans of egg salad. Maybe me a little more than him.


I had a couple of leftover kaiser rolls kicking in the fridge that needed to be used. I was on the mission for a good, new, sandwich recipe to make that would be quick and easy on a busy night.


I came across this recipe on my friend Pam's recipe site that she maintains for us on the RI Nest Board.


These eggs salad sandwiches combined all of our favorite things - egg, bacon, capers - what more could I ask for?!?? I did double the number of eggs in it - but I also only used half the amount of egg yolks. Instead of adding double the mayo - I just added one extra T and it was MORE than enough!! And I did bump up the number of capers. For the bacon, again to be quick, I just did 6 slices of microwave bacon cut up after it was cooked.


DELICIOUS! Will so make this again!!!


Bacon and Egg Salad Sandwiches

2 Slice(s) cooked crumbled bacon

3 Tablespoon(s) mayonnaise

1 Tablespoon(s) spicy brown mustard

1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) drained capers

3 hard cooked chopped egg

4 Slice(s) sandwich bread

2 leaves lettuce (we also did tomato)


In a small bowl, combine the bacon, mayonnaise, mustard & capers. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce & remaining bread. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I'm sold after seeing bacon as an ingredient! There's been a sale on eggs at the store and as much as I wanted to grab a few cartons, I wouldn't know what to do with so many eggs. Now I do! :)