January 2, 2010

Oh Pioneer Woman How I Love thee....

The Pioneer Woman doesn't disappoint again!

I made her Baked Lemon Pasta in November for dinner. Yeah I know, I'm way behind on my blogging. But it was so good, I also made it again in December. And each time I splurged on the leftovers as well.

This pasta is just so easy and tasty that you can't go wrong. I served it for just the hubs and I, and I've also served it to guests. Each time, a crowd pleaser.

I made this as the side dish each time as well, otherwise it is a bit rich. The first time I served
with some fresh baked sea bass with lemon and capers. The second time I served with some sautéed shrimp. Both equally as good!

I didn't stray from the recipe at all either time - you can find it on her site here.

But here it is as well so I have it for next time too!


Ingredients
  • 1 pound Thin Spaghetti
  • 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested
  • 2 cups Sour Cream
  • ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
  • Plenty Of Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
  • Extra Lemon Juice
Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook spaghetti until al dente.

In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over LOW HEAT.
When butter is melted, add minced garlic.
Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.

Add sour cream and stir mixture together.
Add lemon zest and salt.
Taste, then add more salt if necessary.
Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together.
then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.

Bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
Then remove foil and bake for an additional
7 to 10 minutes.
(Don’t bake too long or the pasta will dry out.)

When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon
juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese,
then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon
juice at the end.

Serve with crusty French bread and a simple green salad.


1 comment:

Kate said...

So funny-I was going to make this today and checked your site to see if you had. I want a substitution for all that butter but I'm not sure what would work without losing the yummy flavor of the sauce.

MMMM!