May 11, 2010

A new take on comfort food


I came across a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf a while back - and I liked the idea of it, but didn't use the recipe - No real reason, just know I like the texture of my meatloaf already and didn't want to mess with that.

So I played around and came up with this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf. I loved it, the hubs, not so much - probably because he hates blue cheese! That may have something to do with it. I would most certainly make this again for me, but I know he won't eat it - maybe I'll make it again when he's on travel for work.

Anyways, the concept was really easy and the end results were really delicious.


Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf

1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
1 egg, beaten
1/4-1/2 cup breadcrumbs - based on the texture
1/4 cup wing sauce
garlic powder and pepper to taste
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese

Mix all ingredients together and shape to your pan. For the top, combine 1/4 cup ketchup with 2-3 T of wing sauce, depending how hot you like it. Then top the meatloaf with the sauce mixture. Bake at 375 until done and juices run clear - about 45 minutes.


No comments: