October 17, 2010

Oh Tyler Florence....

I must admit, while I enjoy watching you on tv, and your food always look great - I have never made one of your recipes until now. Please don't take it personally. It's not anything against you - I mean you're easy on the eyes and quite passionate and charismatic about cooking and how good food can be. It's just that you cook with a LOT of steps most of the time and, well, I just don't have the time or patience for that most nights.

However, when I went searching for a recipe for clams and pasta, this pulled in Google and well, let's just say you won the Google Search lotto that night!

Oh Tyler, why have I been denying your recipes and doubting bringing your recipes in to my kitchen? This could quite possibly be the best clam and pasta recipe we've ever eaten in our lives and, well, it's now October and we made this in August and we're still discussing how indulgent and light and delicious this meal was. Thank God we live someplace we can get good clams year round! This will be made again. And yes, maybe, just maybe Tyler Florence, I'll venture out to try something else of yours and be surprised with the same mouthwatering and indulgent results!


I'm not even going to post the recipe here but just link it - the only change I made was to use fresh broccoli instead of Rabe, since we don't like the taste of it. And I used shells, because it's the shape I had on hand - everything else - to the T and delicious!!

No comments: