November 17, 2010

Mmmmm Curry!

So I found this wonderful beef curry recipe on All Recipes, because, well, that's what I was in the mood for. However, when it came time to actually making the meal, I guess I neglected to pre-read the recipe and realize how long it's supposed to take. So not going to fly at 8 pm at night. So I made a LOT of shortcuts here and in the end came out with a dish that was just wonderful and is something we'll make again and again. I'm posting how I made the dish, since it was quite different. But here's what I should have made!

Easy Weeknight Beef Curry

Pam
1 onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon hot chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground clove
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1/2 cup water
1 pound boneless thin sliced beef cut thin

Heat Pam and add the onion, cook and stir until soft and translucent. Reduce heat to medium low and cook stirring until onion is very tender and dark brown.

Stir in garlic, and seasonings and cook until fragrant for about 30-60 seconds. Add your water and simmer until most of it has been evaporated. Then add your beef and cook until the beef is browned but still tender and is fragrant of the curry.

Serve over rice and enjoy!

No comments: