April 15, 2011

Mark Bittman, My Type of Recipe Guru!


Can I tell you how much I love Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express? I got the book from the library and have been trying some of the recipes out. Well, now I need to buy this book. These are my types of recipes and really how I cook - a little of this, a little of that, do this until it looks right/tastes right. No heavy list of ingredients and measurements. LOVE IT!

I made his recipe for Linguine with Pea Sauce and Prosciutto a few weeks ago and WOW what a delicious and easy meal to make! I served this as a side to some steaks that I grilled up and it was just the most perfect meal.

Linguine with Pea Sauce and Prosciutto
From Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express

Boil salted water for the pasta and cook it reserving some of the cooking water. While this is cooking, cook a bag of frozen peas and some chopped scallions in salted water until the peas are just tender. Set a few of the peas aside and then drain the peas and puree with some of the pasta water, leaving some whole for tossing in later. Cut Prosciutto in to matchstick pieces and pan fry until crispy in a non stick skillet. Add the whole peas to the prosciutto. Drain your pasta and toss it with the pea puree and toss in the prosciutto and peas. Top with some parmesan and voila.

This would be fantastic with seafood as well!

No comments: