May 7, 2011

Siete de Mayo


So a few days, late - but better late than never.

And to tell the truth, I made these back in April. And as much as I loved these, this meal confirmed the reality that the hubs does not like any sweet type flavored enchilada and only likes meat in his enchiladas.

But if you're a true vegetarian lover, you will love these - just like I did.

I love plantains, and black beans, and Mexican food - so I decided to make some plantain and black bean enchiladas. They were a bit sweet, savory, filling and so yummy!

I followed the similar method for the plantains that I use to make my Fufu, boiling them in broth, peeling, mashing with green onion, lemon juice but I also included some taco seasoning in them this time. Then I laid those out in the tortilla with some black beans, some cheese, roll, top with sauce/cheese and bake and devour!

I baked these in the oven for about 30 minutes on 350 to heat through and met the cheese.

See it really couldn't be any easier!

The filling of the tortillas

YUMMY!!

No comments: