May 7, 2011

Easy Beefy!


I grew up outside of Chicago and grew up eating Italian Beef Sandwiches. Ever since moving to RI I've yet to find a suitable replacement for Italian Beef Sandwiches; there's cheese steak galore, steak grinders, you name it - but nothing that would be a suitable replacement for my beloved Italian Beef Sandwiches.

A few weeks ago I was browsing around on All Recipes and found a recipe for Pepperoncini Beef and what drew me in was that it was so easy, done in the crock pot, and followed a similar technique to my Kalua Pork recipe that I make.

This came out so delicious and made some killer sandwiches - so great actually we ate them 3 times in the week!

Still not the replacement of my Italian Beef Sandwiches from Chicago, but still pretty damn' good!

Ingredients

1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini - I used the whole peppers, not the rings
Directions

Make small cuts in roast, and insert garlic slices in cuts. Place roast in the slow cooker, and pour the entire contents of the jar of pepperoncini, including liquid, over meat.
Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Shred the meat and the pepperoncini and return to the crock pot on warm to sit in the juices and get tender. Serve on buns with cheese.

No comments: