April 17, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner Really Is the Best!


I love breakfast and all of the foods associated with it - hash, eggs, omelettes, waffles, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, grits, hash browns, home fries, toast, bagels, and let us not forget the beloved bacon and sausages - I'm drooling writing this!

Anytime I can make breakfast for dinner, it's a good night for me in our house. The hubs and I both rush out of the house in the morning, and while I do make a nice breakfast of egg whites or tofu to take with me to work, the hubs noshes on yogurt and fruit most mornings of the week. So having eggs and other breakfast deliciousness is not something we reserve just for weekend breakfast but weeknight dinners regularly.

There's a lot of recipes on the web for sweet potato and chorizo hash, and I just sort of winged the whole thing. In the end I ended up with a wonderful array of smoky goodness with the most wonderful creamy eggs on top and a sprinkling of our failed paneer cheese.

Sweet Potato & Chorizo Hash
From me.

2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced small
1 medium white potato peeled and diced small
ground chorizo sausage, as much as you'd like - I used two snack size storage bags full that were in our freezer.
1 onion peeled and diced finely
eggs
paprika, salt and pepper to taste.

Once your potatoes and onions are diced, heat a large nonstick skillet with a little oil and start to pan fry the potatoes and onions until brown and starting to get crispy but the potatoes are done. Then add in your chorizo near the end to heat. Sprinkle with salt, if needed - ours didn't need it - pepper and some smoky paprika. Top with poached or over easy eggs and a sprinkling of cheese.

Easy, delicious, hearty and filling!

No comments: