July 17, 2011

I'm about to become your very best friend


After you make this and enjoy every scrumptious last bite of it.

You're going to be all "Man that Realistic Eats Chick is AWESOME!!" (ok I'm done living in my fantasy world now.)

Again, found this recipe on Pintrest and made it that same weekend.

Was a HIT for the 4th of July - sweet, salty, spicy - it was a flavor explosion.

I did alter the process of how I made this delicious treat and will post that here.

Thanks to Not Without Salt for this killer recipe!

Maple Bacon Party Mix
(I doubled mine when I made it)

2 cups corn chex
2 cups rice chex
2 cups wheat chex
1 cup peanuts, lightly salted
6 strips bacon, cooked extra crispy and chopped
4 T. butter, melted
4 T. maple syrup
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1-1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I only used about 1/2 teaspoon total)

In a large roasting pan with your oven on 250, melt the butter, syrup, cayenne and salt. Once it's melted, add in your chex and nuts. Stir every 15 minutes and cook for an hour to an hour and a half until it's crispy and the flavors are combined. Once it's out of the oven, let it cool and then toss in the crumbled bacon pieces.

Then enjoy, thank the food Gods for such a delicious flavor combo, and praise all things that are bacon-y goodness!

No comments: