June 20, 2012

This tastes as good as it looks

Once again, another great recipe courtesy of a pin on Pintrest. I'm so glad I came across this recipe from Closet Cooking for Sweet Chili Chicken Rice Bowls.

I did make some alternations to the recipe, because I used leftover chicken. Instead of making the sauce to cook the chicken in, I made it and then poured it over my leftover pre-cooked chicken in a skillet and let it simmer and cook until the meat got nice and tender.

I did make the salsa portion, but I cut back on some of the spice. Additionally, I skipped the jalapenos. we like spice but just can't handle it that well.

In the end, this was an insane meal and we're already ready to have it again! Between the sweetness of the chicken, the spice of the salsa and the creaminess of the egg yolk, this meal just comes together so perfectly and has such an intense combination of flavors. You can't pass this up!

I also served a fun and crunchy side with this meal - can you guess what it is??

What is this crunchy side??

Sweet Chili Chicken Rice Bowl

It is fantastic in the salsa for this dish.... do you have a guess??
So the crunchy side dish was rice paper wrappers that we popped in oil until they poofed up. They are like a wonderful crispy chip and great with an Asian dish as the equivalent to "chips and salsa". Do try it!

* Sorry for the sideways picture, as you can see I haven't been on Blogger lately and it seems to be rotating my pictures*

No comments: