August 12, 2012

Fig Glazed Pork Tenderloin is a Hit!

I have to admit, the hubs isn't a huge fan of pork tenderloin, but I always trust my favorite blogger Your Home Based Mom, and I knew she wouldn't steer me wrong.

This recipe was fantastic, great on the grill, great for summer, and I can imagine would be even more fantastic come fall with some nice roasted butternut squash and some fresh hearty bread on a cool evening! I bet if you were extra lazy and didn't want to leave your warm house you could also do this in the oven and it would still turn out fantastic.

This pork was done to perfection - tender, juicy, and flavorful. There was a great glaze on the pork when it came off the grill and then I made some of the marinade and heated it up before serving to have a small sauce with it. Even better!!


Ingredients

1 pork tenderloin 3-4 lbs.
1 13 oz. jar fig preserves (RI peeps, for a cheaper fig jam, hit up Christmas Tree Shop!)
3 tsp whole grain dijon mustard* We used a horseradish ale whole grain mustard and it was KILLER!
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Instructions

Mix together preserves, mustard and vinegar.
Line pan with foil and place tenderloin in pan
Brush with glaze mixture on both sides
Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until meat is cooked* We did ours on the grill and did about 8-10 minutes a side on about 400 degrees on the grill
Brush with glaze several times during cooking process.

* I also made an extra smaller portion of the marinade with the jam, mustard and vinegar and heated that on the stove top to have a nice sauce at the end. I highly recommend it!!

Thanks Leigh Anne for a pork tenderloin recipe that was husband approved for a make again!!

No comments: