November 16, 2013

I'm Back! Let's have some Mexican food!

At least for today! 

It's been a tumultuous winter, spring, summer and fall here at the Realistic Eats House - a new job, cancer, you name it- we've done it! 

So I'm playing catch up now on the blog - and unfortunately have so many pictures backlogged that I can't begin to remember what they all were! But they were good, I can tell you that! But hey, gotta start somewhere - so I'll just make my way through the pictures that I remember what the recipes were. 

Hope you are all well and will check back in on the blog - are people even blogging anymore?? HA! . . . 

So apparently I made these September 12 - the sad thing is, I think that was 2012 - not 2013, because I know I didn't eat these in the past 60 days! Damn' that's a long time ago. 

These were delicious, but I think I enjoyed them more than the hubs did. But I'll make these when he travels for work for me! I did tweak - because you know, I have to! 

Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Gina's Skinny Recipes


Realistic Eats Version
6 good size green zucchini cut in half and hallowed out
1 tsp oil
1/2 cup onions, chopped
garlic, crushed
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
16 oz. ground turkey
2 T Realistic Eats Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup water

For the Topping:
1 Large can enchilada sauce3/4 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar
chopped scallions, cheese and cilantro for garnish

Cut the zucchini in half length-wise and gently scoop out the middle portion of each - reserve for another use if you choose or compost it.

Place zucchini halves in a sprayed 13x9 casserole dish which has a light layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom.

Brown the ground turkey, onion and garlic over medium/high heat. When it's done, add in the taco seasoning, water and cilantro.

Gently place the filling in the zucchini boats - overflow them if you want!

Top with enchilada sauce and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes and top with more scallions, cilantro and cheese. Avocado is great on this too!


No comments: